5 Signs You Are Thirsty
I recently had a moment of clarity in which I realized that I had been truly thirsty regarding a certain situation. This realization was at first quite embarrassing, who wants to admit that she suffers from thirst i.e. desperation?
However, once I realized the reality of my circumstance, I was able to readjust and rearrange myself such that I could approach the situation differently.
From my revelation I have determined 5 ways to know if you too are being thirsty in some area of your life.
1. You settle for less than what you know you deserve, and less than what you actually want.
For example, you settle for living together or just being boyfriend and girlfriend when what you actually want is marriage.
2. You don’t feel good about yourself when you think about that situation or person.
For example they make you feel like something is wrong with you, or you are not good enough.
3. You forget just how awesome & Phenomenal you actually are.
You may get caught up feeling that you need to prove yourself, in order to be worthy or accepted.
4. You are willing to violate your values and principles in order to be accepted or approved by this person.
You know that there are certain healthy boundaries you should set and maintain, yet you disregard them in order to be accepted.
5. You give someone else the power to dictate your value and your worth based on their opinion and their demonstration of acceptance.
You’re worth was established by your Creator. No one else has the power to dictate it unless you personally give them that power. A woman who is connected with who she truly is, her God-given self, knows to never give away such power and authority. Doing so is more than a sign of desperation and thirst, it’s an indication of an identity crisis. To give away the power to dictate your worth as a woman is an indication that you don’t know who you are or Whose you are. And that MUST be corrected!