3 Ways to Know If You Are in Denial?
Have you been “faking the funk” for so long that you don’t know what it feels like to be genuinely happy and fulfilled in certain aspects of your life? If any of these touches a sore spot, you may be guilty as charged. But no cause for alarm, because “now you know, and knowing is half the battle.” 🙂
Here are 3 ways to easily identify if you are currently in denial over your situation:
1. You know you need help to get unstuck, or to go to the next level, yet you don’t take sufficient action to get you to the level you say you desire. When an athlete decides she wants to become an Olympian, she doesn’t settle for the volunteer coach at the local community center, since it’s free. No, she hires a professional coach that has the knowledge and experience to help her achieve her goals.
2. You’re so used to lying to yourself, that you don’t even know what the truth is anymore. Look, being optimistic is fabulous, and so is speaking those things that “are not,” as though they are. But, those are different than straight up lying to yourself. Some of the most frequent lies I hear women tell themselves are:
- “I’m too old for…” or “I’m getting too old to…” (God can bless you with anything at any age, no matter the season. But, are you doing your part to prepare for what you say you want.)
- “I can’t afford it” (You know that’s a lie because where a woman’s treasure lies, there lies her heart. The treasure says, “I can afford it, I just prefer to spend on a temporary rush, than to invest in my personal growth and development.” Hence #3)
3. You rely on “Travel or Retail Therapy” to get a reprieve from the emptiness & sadness, and provide a temporary high or distraction. When taking this route, the problem has NOT been addressed & resolved, so it’s still there when you return from your trip, or once the “new stuff” scent wears off. Plus, often these approaches lead to bad debt and falling out of Financial Integrity (one of the 9 Pillars of a Phenomenal Lifestyle).
When I’m a guest speaker at various no cost or low cost events, like Women’s Empowerment events, I frequently meet women that share with me their life & relationship struggles and goals. Then, they acknowledge that they don’t know how to realize their goals. When I share with them that I can help, all too often they start with, “The way my bank account is set up…” That’s when otherwise smart and capable women of faith start to fall into #2 by lying to themselves and making excuses to not equip themselves with the tools to uplevel their lives and relationships. Inside they know it’s time to take advantage of a professional coach who can show them a short cut to life & relationship success.
If you tell yourself “It’s all good. I’m fine.” But deep down you know it’s not true, it’s time to make a change. If you’re sick of having “stuffitis,” of traveling the globe trying to outrun the emptiness inside, it’s time to try something different. If you know that you frequently get what you pay for, and free just ain’t cuttin’ it, then upgrade your results by upgrading your investment in yourself. An committed investment in yourself will ALWAYS yield a return on investment (ROI). If you’re ready to being working with a experienced Life Coach with a proven track record, take advantage of the BIGGEST SALE I’ve ever had, before the discount code expires. Remember, the code to be entered in the checkout cart is gratitude50.